Well, cleaning my desk drawers was definitely a worthwhile use of my time. If I’m going to have and keep plastic crickets in my desk, it’s a good idea to know and remember which drawer they’re in. And now all my smelly markers (you know, the ones that smell nice, like oranges and cinnamon) are in one place. My travel diary from a trip taken to Connecticut nearly thirty years ago is also in my desk—how it got there in the first place I cannot fathom, but now I know just where it is, so when I want to remember what color the water in the airplane toilets was, or what I ate on any particular day of that trip, I don’t have to wonder for long. And those keys, the ones I haven’t the foggiest notion what they go to, well, now they are all in a basket rather than spread throughout the drawers.
I think another 15 minutes on the desk is not unreasonable, but I may not wait until next week to tackle it, for curiosity about what other things may be lurking in the corners of the untouched drawers will motivate me to the task.
No comments:
Post a Comment