I love my girls. They are little and sweet and fun.
After checking out my mom’s awesome new sewing machine, I made up my mind to make Grace a dress. We already had the fabric, and I had recently purchased the pattern, so all I needed was a zipper and some motivation. Never mind that I’ve never made a dress with a zipper or sleeves before in my life—I simply needed an excuse to use her crazy cool machine.
And guess what?! It worked. My first proper dress ever, and my daughter thinks it is wonderful. She doesn’t see the many flaws in it, but loves it, and she is wearing it to church on Sunday. I guess now is a good time for me to learn to sew while they are easy to please. The twins want to know when I’m making theirs, and I think I have enough fabric, so I’m going to cut them out tomorrow. They will be thrilled. And I will be thrilled to see them proudly wearing my first attempts at sewing clothes.
Then I can work on Grace’s Christmas dress to match the ones made for the twins. And then I can do the denim rag quilt Beth told me I needed to do. And then we can work on the peasant skirts. Yay! Hooray for girls, and hooray for great tools.
1 comment:
I want to be like you Jennifer. I am actually sitting here in tears (Isn't THAT stupid!!) because God has done so much in your life and I just can't seem to get my act together like you have.
I want to learn to sew sooooo bad, but unless I learn to manage my time and home better, it will never happen. Maybe you could pray for me. I guess I'm a much slower learner.
Post a Comment