I’m officially out of the double twos, but don’t tell the twins. They still think they turn three when Uncle Jerry and Aunt Valerie come and we all go to Starbucks.
However, I knew they were turning three, and I wanted the last day of their 2x2-ness to be special. The boys went with Grandma and Grandpa to see a magic show at their church, so Mark and I took the girls to the walking track. The girls have wanted to run with daddy, and they decided it was okay to go without their purple (and pink) princess running clothes.
I don’t think I got many still shots of Sophie, because she wasn’t still for long. She’d run, and run, and run, and then stop in random places to stretch, and then she’d run some more. Without a doubt, she ran between 2.25 and 2.5 miles last night, always at the same Sophie pace. Last time I tried inserting a video, it didn’t work. Let’s try again
I did put in two videos, but the powers that be inserted some stupid intro commercial thingy, and then it came up that you could watch "similar" videos, which looked horrid. So never mind that. Ask me to see them when you visit. :)
Okay, while my computer is working, so will I. Sadie also ran quite a bit, considering she is (or was) only two—probably a mile all told. But just as Sophie will more than likely be in Sadie’s intellectual shadow, so Sadie must be in Sophie’s running shadow.
Today, their actual birthday, was also special. Frozen waffles for breakfast, new watercolor paints for school time, and Mom’s Antarctic Delight (our name for our best attempt at Chai Tea Frappuccino). Then Grandma came and brought coloring books, so what could possibly be better?!
And the fun doesn’t stop today. Oh, no. Tomorrow we’re having tea with Grandma, and the boys and I made sugar cookies tonight for the occasion. Ben insisted on using Mrs. Finn’s recipe, because it’s so very yummy, and he insisted on rolling the dough into balls and NOT smashing them, per Kilby, because according to her the insides would be gooey if made that way.
Now I’m off to upload this monstrosity before hitting the pillow in hopes of good sleep.
1 comment:
Oh my goodness, those pictures of the girls doing stretches were quite possibly the most adorable things I have ever seen!!! :)
Post a Comment