I don’t often speak of Bradford’s schooling, because he isn’t exactly the Homeschooling Poster Child. Most of the conversations about him go pretty much nowhere. I used to get upset by what people would think of our Little Engineer, but I mostly don’t care anymore. I know we are doing the right thing by him academically, and I know he’ll eventually get it, but still, the progress is slow. Take, for instance, the word “there.” We have been working on the spelling of that one word for, oh, about five weeks now. Seriously. He will periodically ask if he can get rid of a spelling word, and I tell him he can get rid of it once I see it used correctly in his writing. Below I have reproduced his latest writing assignment. Primitive as it is, it is miles, and I do not exaggerate, MILES from where we were in May. And people ask how I know he has a learning disability *mutters to self*
A pencil is a long stick. I have writen what you see hear with a pencil. I have erast a smear with the pencil because a pencil has an eracer. O I all most forgot a pencil does not look like a stik. It looks like oK I do not know what a pecil looks like.
RESTART:
A pecil is a long strate stik. The Led (is what I am writeing with) is at the ponte of the Pencil at the other end of it is an erayser (/////) thear I have erayst a smuj.
No comments:
Post a Comment