I was recently asked how I have time to blog and Facebook, given the fact I home school 7 children aged 11-7 months. Actually, the comment was more like “You’re very verbose for having so many kids.” So people won’t think I’m neglecting those kids in order to chronicle their funny moments, I’ve cut back a bit. But Nate’s song to Patience is one of those things I must write in order not to forget it. I can always tell when he’s with Patie, because he talks in a sweet high-pitched voice and makes weird baby noises. It’s really cute, and I hope God blesses him with many children so I can witness his love for babies again.
Anyway, his song, sung slightly off-key was “I’d rather have you than a bunny. (because he had seen a bunny out our back window and went to tell Patie about it). And then it went on “I’d rather have you than a hedgehog or a tiger…”
I’ve put it on Facebook, but I may as well mention it here, too, that I’m training to run a half-marathon in November. I have a neighbor who is training with me, and she is the embodiment of God smiling at me. Really. She’s absolutely perfect… We’ve run together 4 times thus far, and I’m already stronger because she pushes me. Saturday I tackle my longest run ever in my life. Should I admit that I’m only running four miles? Well, after Saturday, I’ll have less than 10 to add for race day.
Why am I running? Because I’ve wanted to for about 2 years now. I ran track in high school, I’ve enjoyed running at other times in my life, and I want to get back into it. Lots of women my age go temporarily crazy, either bugging their families with their new ideas of healthful living, or something. I am choosing to run rather than insist on eating only things made with organic cane juice.
And now another funny thing is happening. Oh Dear! Sadie asked daddy to wipe her, but he didn’t hear or ignored her. Then she called and asked Sophie to wipe her. Sophie agreed to this, but I’d better go supervise.
Oops. I actually posted this to the wrong blog, so here I am again. I was just exclaiming to anyone who cared to listen that the twins will be three in a little over a month. I also said I’d be a little sad to not have a two year old, because they are so fun. Then Sophie had a strange look on her face, and upon investigation she had put part of a bionicle up her nose. So I take back the wishing for them to stay two and cute longer. It’s been a really fun year with them, but I think I’ll be ready to leave the two x twos behind.
1 comment:
this one really made me smile. I have ditched facebook in the hopes of someday getting my life in order like yours... you go girl on that running!! Wish I could find a running partner like that. I have been wanting to do the same, but the promise of getting eaten alive by mosquitoes has kept me from starting.
Post a Comment