School is now in session. The only reason I have an extra moment to write is Mark took over Bradford’s writing lesson for today. Never mind that he’s taking thrice the amount of time that I have to give to it, and that he’s spending twenty-five more minutes on grammar than is recommended with this program, at least I was able to make the muffins for tomorrow’s breakfast. Oh, and the only reason I’m sitting at the computer is I’m making a purchase on behalf of Ben—he’s discovered the joys of used books.
But since I’m here, I may as well tell you school this year will be very difficult. This is my first year actually teaching 6 kids. If I gave each one of them 1/2 hour per day, that would take up three hours. I don’t, though. I simply can’t. Patie gets four hours, Bradford about two, and the rest get the crumbs. Thankfully Ben seems to thrive on neglect, and when I do get a chance to work with him, we can cover a lot of ground in a short time. Nathaniel gets a full half-hour everyday, and the girls all share a half-hour.
The most fun, of course, are the girls. Sadie loves her tracing book so much she got it out yesterday afternoon and did about twenty pages in it. Yesterday, after our two pages of tracing, they insisted I get the poem book out to work with them on their poem we had begun learning in a school session last week. So we worked on it. Then at dinner, they wanted to say it for daddy. Sadie was saying it, and Sophie was prompting her. Too cute.
Enough already. I’ve had exactly five minutes today to call my own, but it’s read-aloud time, so here goes. I’ll write more after 178 more days of school.
No comments:
Post a Comment