Thursday, June 04, 2009

Sophie Shares Mommy's Breakfast

I often have plain yogurt for breakfast. To sweeten it just a bit, I'll put chocolate chips in it. Yum. This morning I didn't have chocolate chips, so I just broke a bit of the Hershey's candy bar that Mark brought home yesterday into it. I put the cup down to go do something, and Sophie came to me and said she had eaten some chocolate. All of the chocolate, actually, and right out of my yogurt. That rat!

And now we're at Grandma's house, and my mom was telling her she didn't need tea. "There's some more over there," she helpfully replied. A certified rat.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Wow. That reminds me of a couple Easters ago when I and the Beisners were at your house. You had M&M's out in a little crystal bowl and Grace kept stealing one or two, so someone moved it to the mantel. I saw her go around asking first you, then her grandmother, if she could have an M&M, and you both replied in the negative. She got wise and sauntered over to Mark. In the most innocent little girl voice: "Daddy," pointing to the mantel, "are those M&M's?" He was onto her, but man, to be 3 years old (? I think) and already understand that in polite company, such a question would elicit a "Yes, and would you like some?" Smart little manipulator!