Wednesday, March 11, 2009

the Twins Perform Magic Tricks

On Ben's birthday, the boys performed a magic show for the grandparents, parents, and Kilby. It was a typical magic show performed by boys, where some of the tricks are forgotten, others not explained, and still others that don't work at all. The adults were all polite and encouraging, and the twins seemed unimpressed.

Sophie, however, was not ignoring them completely, because today she did her own trick. She found three cards on the floor, picked them up and told me to choose one. I did, and when I handed it back to her she carefully put it back with the other two. Then she looked at me and grinned. That was the trick. I laughed, and of course Sadie wanted to get a laugh, too, so she found two cards and performed a similar trick. Then they began choosing cards from one another.

Grace's card trick was more sophisticated. She had about six cards, and when she put my card back into her "deck," she looked at it. Funny, but she was able to find it again every time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is HILARIOUS! :)