I've been really, really busy lately, as you can imagine. Too busy to mess with computers, and right now I should be showering. So this will be quick--
Patie goes in the toilet these days. Not every time, but lots of times each day. Very exciting, oh yes, my precious, we likes her using the toilet.
Murals sometimes appear on my walls, and since I do not know for a certainty who draws them, I can't, um, thank that person properly. But last week my friend Candra caught the, um, artist, and took the pencil from her while I was busy with Patie in the bathroom. Yay! I thought, I'll be able to deal with this because there was a witness. But I forgot to ask her which one of my delightful twins needed to be discouraged from artistic pursuits on my walls, so later I approached Sadie, pretty sure she was the one who did it. "Sadie," says I "did you draw on the wall?" To which she replied in the negative. "Then who did?" and she told me it was Nate. Now Nate, although artistic, prefers paper or canvas to sheetrock, and he usually draws more than large circles, so it couldn't be him.
Candra came around the corner and told me that she thought it was Sophie rather than Sadie, which surprised me. "Sophie, did you draw on the wall?" And she said that she did. But she also says she's a sumo wrestler, a football player, and anything else we might ask her, so I am never sure I'm getting a straight answer from her. "Sophie," I tried again, "did you write on the wall?" and she told me that Nate did it. Then Sadie helpfully suggested that it was probably Ben that wrote on the walls. "Well, do I need to spank Ben and Nate for drawing on the walls?" to which they both replied yes. I guess until I see it with my own eyes, I'll get the occasional mural.
Grace is very excited about her birthday--in six months. She tells me all the time what she is going to eat, get and do after she turns 5.
Nate and Ben and Bradford are listening to me read The Two Towers. Kilby read all of The Fellowship of the Ring and half of The Two Towers to them, and then she left. I dutifully began reading to them, though not so much each day, and I will finish it tomorrow. After that, they will listen to Rob Inglis read The Return of the King. Mark and I listened to it several years ago, and he does a fabulous job, and I'm sure the boys will enjoy it and get through it much sooner than waiting around for me to finish.
Mark is still in grad school and always working. I look forward to him finishing.
I finished my Spring Menu Plan, and now Beth and I are working on freezing some of the meals. She's coming on Wednesday to work on 12 more meals (6 each of 2 meals). All the kids will be around, so it should prove interesting.
More later. I'm tired.
3 comments:
Patie's going in the toilet? She's not even 4 months. Care to expand on that any? :P
Oh yes, Jeni, you MUST give more details on this early potty training. We wants to know, yes we do.
LOTS of details! Maybe you could call me.
Post a Comment