Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Jeni Exclaims

"Oh, the irony!"

My three month old is using the toilet, and my two-year olds are not. How many times can you clean up accidents in three days? Well, if you have twins, a lot.

"Oh, the joy!"

I'm getting a little tired of watching my 7-year old boy perform magic tricks. The ones Mr. Guhl teaches him are decent, but the ones he makes up himself...

And then there is Sophie, and she also likes to perform magic tricks. She cuddled on my lap yesterday while I was at my desk. She had a coin in her hand, and then she placed it on the desk, and then she showed me (with a big Sophie smile) that her hands were empty. Not even Mr. Guhl could beat that magic trick.

Right now the boys and I are up to our necks in pre-Spring Break activities. Yesterday and today we have been working on changing bedrooms around. Ben and Nate had been sleeping on a very uncomfortable twin bed together since January, and now they are back on the queen bed. We moved Bradford's bed into that room, too, and the boys worked on getting their clothes in order and arranging their things on the bookshelves. Over Spring Break we'll prime over little boy murals and paint Patience's room. And paint the kids' bathroom. And. And. And.

"Oh, the pain!"

I'm committed to getting completely back on track (read: on a schedule) after Spring Break. Which means I have to get up at the horrible hour of 7 a.m. *Gasp* Yeah, I know it's pathetic, and I'm working on it. Maybe one day I'll get up at 6:30 or even earlier. Like when I've gotten over the pregnancy and newborn sleep deprivation I've gone through for the past, well, pretty much the past 11 years.

Let's see. According to my schedule, I should be extracting lint from my toes right now, and that is a pretty important thing to do, so off I go.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Wow Jennifer. You're so weird, in a fun and refreshing way.

And your baby being on the toilet while your "babies" are not--ironic is a good word for that.

6:30 a.m. is the best time of day, especially in the spring and summer. But I can see how a mother of 7 might not share the opinion.

We (my imaginative husband and I) are actually in your neighborhood (loosely speaking) every Sunday these days. Hm...