Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Jeni is Delirious

I awakened this morning at 7:36, and I found myself deliriously happy. Yeah, I know we just went through a horrible week of sickness and vomiting, but even in the midst of that I found His mercies new every morning. I was thinking last night was going to be very difficult, because Patie was having horrible stomach cramps and wouldn't stay asleep in her basket. But I was wrong.

I ended up getting 9 hours of sleep. Yes, you read that right. 9. Nine. In a row. Without getting up for a baby or a bladder. And it's the first time I've had more than 5 hours of sleep in a row since probably last September.

We celebrated by hiking Red Top Mountain's Sweet Gum Trail. FUN. I did only the loop part with the girls, and Kilby took the boys on the entire thing. I can't go hiking without help, but Kilby loved hiking today, so while she's here, I think we'll hike a lot. And that makes me deliriously happy, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! :)