Sunday, December 14, 2008

Patience Finally Comes

She's here. Patience Esther Thompson, born December 13, 2008 at 5:05 a.m.

Definitely not the Homebirthing Poster Birth, and definitely not something we'd want to go through again, but there are a gazillion things to be thankful for regarding Patie's birth. Since she is my seventh child, I'll list seven things below.

1. She's here, and she's healthy.

2. The timing was absolutely perfect for Mark, my parents, and my in-laws.

3. The older kids spent the night at Grandma's house, and she kept them all day on Saturday to give us time to rest.

4. My in-laws were planning to come Saturday evening, and now they are at my parents' house helping with kids, giving me even more time to adjust and rest.

5. The labor was hard and the delivery harder, but it would not have been possible to get through it at all without my wonderful Christian, compassionate, experienced midwife.

6. She is nursing well.

7. I'm recovering nicely.

6 comments:

Julie said...

OH praise God that all is going reasonably well. Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated. God bless and enjoy your early Christmas present!

Kim said...

congratulations Jennifer and Mark!! Glad she is healthy! love,kim

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Very cute, my clever friend. I didn't read the post on Friday, but I guess that I can still pray for Patience now that she's here. Hope to hear more later about everything. ~beth h.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations May God continue bless your family

Jordan said...

Praise God!!