Is it because so many people have C-sections early, or are induced early, that everyone expects babies to come early? Fortunately, I'm not as impatient as everyone around me seems to be to have the baby soon, like this weekend. Mark's graduate class ends Monday, I'm not due until Tuesday, and I wouldn't be surprised if the baby didn't come until after that. The only bummer would be that my sister's family wouldn't be able to see the baby (read: my sister wouldn't be able to take pictures for me) before they leave for England.
And what's with my mother calling that baby two posts down an ugly baby? That was Grace, two hours after she was born!
My mom knew that she would not be able to help me much this week, seeing that my sister and brother-in-law are trying to get all the last minute things done before leaving for England on Monday, so she arranged for my aunt to come help me. What a lifesaver! My aunt, who deals with children in a fun but no-nonsense way, has been invaluable. She's played and sung and read with the twins a lot, she taught Bradford and Benjamin the proper way to clean a bathroom, and today she even helped Bradford dissect a cow eye! (it's not every aunt who would do something like this, but she did, and she even remembered doing one in high school). I was birdwatching in the breakfast room, and she and the boys worked for over an hour in the schoolroom. I listened in a bit, and she was much more patient than I would have been. Hooray for aunts!
2 comments:
Better start pushing if you want a picture taken before I leave. :)
Jennifer, thanks for the update, we've been wondering.
Post a Comment