So we go to the State Capital, meet and talk with our State Representative in his office, and he proceeds to give us a great tour of the Capital building, including the rare treat of going into the House Chambers and peeking at the desks and out the windows. He had a meeting to get to and left us on the top floor with a bunch of museum cases that showed different things about Georgia. On the way home I asked them what their favorite part was.
Bradford: two-headed cow (in the Georgia oddities case)
Benjamin: the weapons (in the weapons case)
Nathaniel: two-headed snake (Georgia oddities case)
Grace: the cardinal (Piedmont region of Georgia case)
Um, yeah.
My favorite part was learning that the building itself was made from Indiana limestone rather than Georgia granite because it was cheaper to haul limestone from three states away than to use granite mined 12 miles from the building site.
We did not see the Governor, but according to my mother, I can see him almost any Sunday of the year in the preschool building of their (and his) church.
4 comments:
A few Sundays ago I asked Samuel what he learned in Sunday school. His answer, "My spit will take pen off of my hand if I rub hard enough."
Pretty sure that's not in the Bible anywhere.
At least your kids' answers were better than that.
I see the governor each Sunday sitting in church. :)
Sounds like my kids. Their favorite part of the zoo isn't the visiting rare animals... it is the same old playground that is always there.
PFT and I'd like to add how comforting it is to know your Governor knows the LORD! Praise God! \o/
Post a Comment