First of all, my dishwasher died last night, and my countertop is slightly warped now. We probably won't do anything about the counter, but the dishwasher must be fixed. Of course it is beyond warranty. Bummer.
And then Ben woke me up at 5:15 AM this morning to let me know he couldn't breathe. He could barely talk, either. Pretty scary, and I'll admit I'm not at my mental peak at such an hour. Fortunately Mark was still here, and he promptly stripped Ben and put him in our steamy shower. Voila! He could breathe again. He got back into his jammies, climbed into daddy's side of the bed, and we both slept until 8:30 AM. A quick call to the doctor and I knew how most of my day was going to be spent. Left at 9:20, at the doctor's office for 1 1/2 hours, and then to Wal-mart to get the right strength Tylenol for Ben's throat. (It was croup, by the way, and not strep throat).
At Wal-mart, we were in the line of I-kid-you-not-the-slowest-cashier-I-have-ever-seen-in-my-life. I was practicing my deep breathing, and I was holding on to my cart to keep me from snatching the biggest candy bar on the rack and starting in on it then and there to calm my nerves. When I FINALLY got to her, and I was only the second person in line, she asked me if she could convince me to go green. I replied, as sweetly as I could, that I was as green as I cared to be, thanks, but could I convince her to work faster. To my utter astonishment and the utter delight of the 5 people who were stacked up behind me, she did.
And then I had the pleasure of hearing from my insurance company that after 1 month and repeated calls to the roofing company, they (the roofing company) still haven't faxed the proper documents so that we can get our final reimbursement check.
Through all of this, I have remained mostly calm. The cashier about pushed me over the edge of patience, but I didn't react violently or leave the store or scream.
But now, I've got a baby crying because she wants candy, another whining child, and several disobedient ones. Let's see if I can remain calm for the rest of this day!
6 comments:
wow! The patience you are showing your children will pay off some day (or at least that's what I try to tell myself on crazy days)!!!
Hope the day gets better!
You should have eaten the candy bar. ;)
I think its a requirement for all Walmarts to have slow lines and not enough open! Hope you have a better day.
My dishwasher crashed too...I should be doing the piles of dishes that are on my counter right now, but it is funner to be on-line at this point.
You should move to Wien, where we have the opposite problem of having the cashier scan sooo fast that you have to quickly throw your stuff back in your cart and then bag off to the side after you pay. I should be thankful huh?
I'm with Amy!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know it's a day late, but I never turn my computer on on Sundays. Love you! :)
Post a Comment