Saturday, September 20, 2008

Bradford Passes and Jeni Passes Out

Joyful Noise Homeschool Band rocks! I was a little panicky at the beginning, seeing that Bradford needed me with him while he was practicing to explain things, make sure he was playing correctly, and keep him on task. I do see an end to that coming soon, or at least I'll not have to sit with him for every minute of every practice.

One of the clever things they do is have the students come in four times each semester to test on certain songs. Bradford played his first two songs yesterday, and he passed on them. Go, Bradford!

But then there was me. I felt horrible waves of nausea all afternoon yesterday, culminating in my pulling off the highway and emptying the contents of my stomach into a graham cracker box in a Kroger bag with a hole in the bottom. Thankfully my friend Beth was following me, and she came to my rescue with bags and paper towels. I came home, took a shower, and dumped myself in bed for the night. Lovely way to end a vacation, eh?

1 comment:

Amy Ross said...

Wow. Are you feeling better? Was it just the pregnancy or a stomach virus? I pray you are much, much better now!