Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Week 2 of Grad School Slips By

What a difference a good helper makes! After the events of last week, I knew I could get through this one, too, but I had no idea how much I would get done with the help of my mother. My mom has this idea that she will get utterly depressed or go insane or become one with the couch if she isn't working all the time, and since my sister and nephews are away camping this week, my mom decided she would stave off the evil of depression or worse by working me to the bone.

Not really. Monday we made 15 meals to put away for the future. She also cleaned all of my kitchen drawers, including the spice drawer that the twins had fun sprinkling spices in. Tuesday she watched the girls during nap time while I ran errands. Today we made about 5 dozen muffins for freezing, and then she took the boys swiming during nap time so I could nap, too. I have her tomorrow, and then I'll be on my own again. Because of her week 2 of Mark's classes has gone very easily for me.

Lesson #2: Things go much more smoothly when Grandma M is here. She stays on top of the twins, or rather, they stay on top of her, which simplifies my life immeasurably. She isn't afraid to correct the older children, also, which is a huge deal.

And now I must go clean off the table for dinner, because I am the only one here who is capable.

2 comments:

Brad & Stacey said...

Gotta love moms. We see ours in less than 2 weeks!:)

Anonymous said...

Yay for Mrs. Moody! :)

Praising God for his blessings to you.