Bradford turned 10 this week. For those of you who know us well, you'll remember that we told him all during his sojourn through single digits that he would be able to do X when he turned ten. The funniest story happened when he could barely talk but climbed like a lizard. I caught him on the kitchen counter and told him I would let him do that when he was ten but not before. The next morning, very early, like 12:30 a.m., I heard strange noises coming from the kitchen, and upon inspection, there was Bradford, climbing the counter. When I asked what he was doing, he pointed to himself and said "I'm ten."
Yet now he is ten, and he doesn't need to climb on the counter because he is tall enough to reach what he wants.
He can still drive. me. crazy. but I know I couldn't manage without him. He is continually amazing me by his helpfulness with the babies. When Ben was a baby and Bradford barely two, he moved Ben from the swing to the couch because he was crying. He tied Nate's shoes for him and helped him out of his crib. He brought Grace downstairs when she awakened from her naps. He does countless things for my current set of babies, including surprising me by changing a wet diaper once or twice.
He is extremely inventive. There is no way I could remember all the things he's invented, but two of my favorites, which I've blogged about, are the computers made from cardboard and paper, and the swing made from thin rope and a piece of trim.
And now you might be wondering what amazing thing we're going to do this year in celebration of his turning ten. First, we went to Vogel State Park for two days and he got to go fishing. He also gets to go with me to Cub Scout camp this summer. And tonight, he gets to spend the night at Grandma's house. Who could ask for anything more?
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Bradford! I can't believe he is TEN! You have to update your profile with a number 10!!!
Love,
Amy
He is so much like David!
Happy Birthday, Bradford.
Happy birthday, Bradford!
Happy Birthday, Bradford, you strange, hilarious, and (yay!) helpful child!
What was the actual date of his birthday?
I remember him doing some "tummy time" as a baby when we had you and Mark over for dinner...hard to believe how fast time flies!
This is a little late, but we hope you enjoyed the celebration of Bradford's 10th birthday!
Post a Comment