Saturday, March 01, 2008

Sophie is Even More of a Rascal

Well then. Sophie and I spent two nights at Scottish Rite because of her breathing distress. Having already experienced their parent beds (a towel on the floor would be about the same comfort level), I asked Mark to bring me a pillow and other articles of necessity and comfort to the Canton hospital while we were waiting for the Scottish Rite ambulance to pick us up. I ended up putting the pillows (think bag of cotton balls) they provided me on the bed to lie on, and I would have slept fairly comfortably if I could have slept. Hospitals are simply not restful places.

Have I mentioned that I love my pediatrician? I love him. He did not give over Sophie's care to the hospital doctors, and he visited her each morning before going to his office. Amazing. Yes, I know it's crazy to drive 50 minutes to see him, but he is worth it.

Glad to be back home, and gladder that my baby is breathing better.

3 comments:

Compleat Mom said...

Glad you're home, too.

Anonymous said...

And I'm glad to hear the good news. Hope Sophie stays well. :)

Amy Ross said...

Wow. Praising God for better health, and better sleep... I hope!?