Sunday, February 10, 2008

the Highlights are Given

Well, now. Here are some of the highlights of our week.

Not getting the chicken pox...yet. It's been 10 days since our exposure, and so far no one has come down with them. The incubation period isn't quite over, so I can't let out the big sigh yet, but as of now we are continuing to live our lives.

Sadie's first and second very clear sentence: "I want a bite." and "I want to go." She's obviously gifted. Please direct all marriage proposals to her father.

Working out again. I'm serious. This time it was Saturday morning, not quite as cold, and I took Bradford along for company. It was fun having him for moral support, but it was humiliating to see how poorly in shape I am.

The painting of the kitchen is nearly completed. I love the color. No pictures, just visit if you want to see it. :)

Taking a walk with our girls (including the neighbor girl) today. The boys opted to stay home and climb Stefan's tree. Sadie would make Auntie M proud. I kept asking her if she wanted me to carry her, and she kept shaking her head. Both were mesmerized by the various dogs we met on the way. They all love dogs, but I'm thinking I'd rather have a pet turkey. Wouldn't that be the coolest thing?

This isn't from the previous week, but I'll mention it anyway, just because. A couple of weeks ago Nate and Bradford came up from the basement and Bradford asked which of Nathaniel's teeth were permanent. I-YIE-YIE. God be praised the tooth in question was a baby tooth, and Nathaniel got his dollar a year or so early. The other front tooth is still questionable, but for now it's still in his mouth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smart Sadie! That's my girl! ;)

Did Nate's tooth get knocked out, or something?

Keep us posted about the chicken pox. I'm on the edge of my proverbial seat.

I love you writing! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear {hopefully} that yoor little ones are healthy!