Saturday, November 03, 2007

Jeni Says "Ah-ha"

When I first began attending the church that I am now a member of, I looked over the ladies in the congregation and wondered which ones would end up being my friends. Just a little game I play at every new place I attend. I did this at St. Andrews, too. I was wrong at St. Andrews, and I was wrong again here. You just never can tell ahead of time.

The one woman I most admired I figured I would never be close to, as she was so sweet and had many friends already. Wrong. We are very good friends. And today I found out why. She confessed to me that she is not Presbyterian, but Reformed Baptist, which OF COURSE means she is awesome. Or rather, she is serious about serving an awesome God, and it shows in her life.

So we are friends, and our families are in a Bible Study, and today we had tea together. Lovely, lovely time of fellowship and encouragement, except she told me that they are considering going to the only Reformed Baptist Church in the area, which they never knew existed until recently. We'll still have our Home Bible Study, and we'll still get together for tea or bell practice, but I would (will) be so sad to see them leave.

For something in the way of kid news, Ben went on his big shopping trip today. Daddy took the four oldest, and they had a grand time choosing their items. Mark required Ben to spend $10 of his $100 on food for MUST Ministries.

Another fun thing: our kids and the Beardens' kids have formed a bell choir. They practiced for the first time last night and sounded great. They make their big debut at the the Christmas Concert, and I can't wait to do more with them, regardless of where they attend church.

3 comments:

Tina said...

So glad you made a good friend!

Anonymous said...

I recognize the name Bearden...did I meet them? Who are they?

It is so awesome that your kids are doing bells! :D

Anonymous said...

I happen to recall that you owe me pictures of the girls in their new pink dresses... ;)