Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Jeni Loses Her Mind

I know I put it somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

So far this year I have run my household well for three weeks. Supposing I can somehow get it together and run it well for another three weeks between now and December 31, that will make a total of six weeks. Six weeks out of 52 means I will have run my home well for roughly 11% of the year. In that percentage lies the seeds of a New Year's Resolution.

What makes a week a good week?

  1. Dinner plans are made and adhered to, and necessary ingredients are on hand.
  2. School happens if it is supposed to, and idleness is kept to a minimum.
  3. The house is straightened up at some point in the day, and looks decent when I go to bed.
  4. The children do their chores with little prompting.
  5. I do my own chores on time.
  6. I get up on time.
  7. Laundry gets done without piling up in my bedroom.
  8. I stay out of Jeni Forest for most of the time. (Going into Jeni Forest is what accounts for things like the Twins being able to disperse 72 clean diapers around the living room when I'm sitting in there with them, presumably to watch them.)
Can I do it? I just figured out that if I can keep things running smoothly for 4.5 more weeks, I'd be up to 20%. Ooooo.

I certainly cannot count this week, and especially not today, because I didn't get dressed until about 3 PM (why do my clothes keep shrinking?!), and I forgot to make dinner earlier. But starting on Friday, I'll keep on top of things. really. I mean it this time.

No comments: