
From the Cornell Lab of Ornithology:
Head-on flight profiles may also give identity clues. Soaring Turkey Vultures may look like hawks, but they hold their wings in a shallow V-shape, whereas most hawks and eagles hold their wings out flat. Black Vultures also have a flatter, more hawk-like profile. Northern Harriers hold their wings in more of a V-shape, but their slow, flapping flight near the ground generally gives away their identity. Notice how the Bald Eagle's profile is even more flat than that of a typical hawk, such as the Red-tailed Hawk. [emphasis mine]
Or, in other words, I saw a BALD EAGLE when we were at the Lake Allatoona Beach. What rapturous delight. Sadie and Sophie thought so, too. While I was memorizing its flight profile to look up later, they were busy eating sand. Yum.
1 comment:
I guess they'd probably like sandwiches then, huh? Sorry.
Bald Eagle? Cool!
Post a Comment