I'm loving all the wild animals around here, but I have never, ever said that I love the domestic kind. Dogs I despise--they leave scat in my yard which I must pick up or chance my children stepping in it, and they bark way too much. Cats I like okay, but they are just too much work for me at this time in my life, and of course there is the scat issue again.
Yet now we have a stray cat. Kind-hearted or stupid, I bought flea and tick stuff because I noticed it had a tick, and I bought food. I know, I know, the chances of it going away now are probably nil, and I shouldn't have done it. But it was hungry. and nice. Fleeting thoughts of keeping the poor soul have entered my head, but I fight them back. Mostly because we cannot afford to be responsible cat owners.
The kids like her (or him).
But we cannot afford her (or him).
I like her (or him).
But she'll leave scat in our yard, and possibly scare the birds away.
I hate to take a perfectly fine cat to the Kitty Concentration Camp, AKA Humane Society.
But she cannot stay.
Our latest thought is try to reach the previous owners of this house and ask if they left a cat with a relative, and if so, what should we do with her (or him).
2 comments:
The cat that lived here before us kept coming back! We've been here three years now and we have finally stopped seeing him! Good Luck!!!
I think cats eat chipmunks, bunnies, blue jays and various other birds too. Just think of all the wildlife you'll be SAVING!!! Just say "byebye kitty" NOT "Hello Kitty".
Post a Comment