When I was a little girl, I dreamed of being Pippi Longstocking. She had red hair, she had a pet monkey, she was really, really strong, and she was a Thing-Finder. In my relative old age, I am thankful for any hair regardless of color, I'd rather not deal with the mess of any pet, and I'm only strong enough to pick up two babies at a time--but I am a Thing-Finder.
You'll remember I mentioned I found my binoculars. What a source of joy these have been. I can now keep tabs on the baby hawks. They are cute in a hawky kind of way. Soft, downy yellow fuzz, similar to a duckling, but with a sharp beak and bright eyes.
I can also look up what other cool birds I'm seeing, because I found my Birds of Georgia book, which is another source of joy for me. Now I know that the bird I just saw out of my window is a female Northern Cardinal.
Found the camera, too, so I have no excuse not to take pictures of the three beautiful House Finch eggs that I found in the fern on my porch, the abandoned nest from the other fern that I found and took out so Bradford could study it, or the twins being twinnishly cute.
Today the twins aren't too cute. They've got snotty noses, so I kept them home from church. They are down for a nap now, so I'm going to find one last thing--a good on-line sermon.
Ta ta.
3 comments:
I LOVED Pippi Longstocking! I put wires in my hair once just to look like her!
Yes, Pippi was very encouraging to the strange girl I was then!
:+)
Kate
PS: Pictures of all the lovely things you mentioned!
We ahve some Pippi books your boys would love. Too bad I can't just have Jessica walk them over to you.
Hope the snotty noses dry up soon.
Hello to all.
Post a Comment