Thursday, April 05, 2007

Jeni Has Fun

Oh. My. I had more fun today than I've had in years. Literally. Any guesses what I was doing? Not telling.

Mark is on Spring Break this week, and we are having a good time cleaning, organizing, gardening, and getting ready for Easter. (Just to clarify, cleaning and organizing, although fun, is not the fun mentioned in the first paragraph).

Neighbor stories: When I went shopping with Ben, we popped into Old Navy to see if they had any wintery clothes on clearance. They did, and I bought all the boys new sweats, jeans, jackets, and shirts. I found an adorable jumper for Grace, too, but nothing for the babies. So I asked the cashier if he could guess how many children I had. He said 3, and then changed his guess to 6 when he saw the girl stuff. Bingo. Then I noticed his name tag. Colby. "I have a neighbor named Colby--where do you live?" Well, now I know where my neighbor works!

And then I was shopping with Grace at Pike's Nursery and I heard a familiar voice. Look up and see (any guesses?) my backyard neighbor Robert! We meet and talk landscaping at the fence about once a week.

Kid stories: On the way to Wal-mart this morning (would you believe I don't actually shop much!), the boys were talking about rubberband guns. I'm buying one for Ben when he goes for 10 weeks without sucking his thumb. Anyway, I told him he was never to point it at himself, another person, or an animal. But, he said, he needed to keep it loaded because of drunk cowboys. Yes, Bradford agreed. When a drunk cowboy was about to swing you by your toes and throw you out a glass window, you could shoot right beside him to scare him, and then you could run away. Later they agreed that shooting a drunk cowboy in the stomach would be good, and while he was clutching his stomach, you could put itching powder on his neck, and then run away.

And now my husband is home from buying a blind, so off I go.

1 comment:

Tina said...

You are rotten for not telling us what you did that was so fun.

Your boys and my boys are kindred spirits, for sure!


And I am mad at Old Navy right now. Frank's uncle gave us a ridiculously large gift card for Christmas. I have bought 2 blouses for me there, BOTH of which have ripped after only a couple washings!