Monday, February 05, 2007

Benjamin Writes a Poem

In order to earn a pin for Cub Scouts, Benjamin chose to write a poem today. This is his first foray into original poetry, and although I don't consider myself a qualified critic of poetry, it seems pretty good for a first attempt.

The Bear
by Benjamin Thompson
Once there was a bear.
And when he saw a flare,
He wanted to run away.
But then he had to stay.
There was a pot of honey.
And beside it was a bunny.
The bear ate the honey.
Then he ate the bunny.

7 comments:

Tina said...

Oh, that is SO CUTE. I am not one qualified to critique poetry either, but I think it's great.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. :) Tell Ben I miss him!

Tina said...

Tell Ben that Jeremy just read it and said "Hey, that's good!"
(if he remembers Jeremy:):)

Kilby said...

It rhymes. =D

Jordan said...

I love the ending!! Thanks for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

That is just too cute! I have a little Cub Scout too! He is a Wolf Cub. :+)
Kate

Peter said...

Haahaa! Tell Ben I thought the poem was great! :-D