Now, my Resolutions for the New Year are as follows:
To get 7 hours of sleep in a row for three days in a row. That hasn't happened since sometime early last year, and I'm ready to not be chronically sleep deprived.
To memorize lots of Scripture and poetry with my children.
To finish organizing and decorating my house.
To play and read more with my children.
The first is a matter of time before it happens. Not much I can do about it, I guess, except not complain when I have to decide if I need to feed or flip the babies in the middle of the night.
The second we have begun. We are now reviewing the verses and passages they have previously memorized. Ephesians 6:1-2 is our first Bible memory.
Our first poem for memory is below.
Celery by Ogden Nash
Celery raw
Develops the jaw.
Celery stewed
Is more quietly chewed.
The third thing we've begun in earnest, and another trip or two to IKEA should help us along nicely. Becky, I decided to go with the STAT cabinets, and I'm even thinking of buying salad tongs.
The fourth I did earlier and need to do now. Ben, Grace, and I played baseball earlier. That is an interesting game when played by a crippled mom, a 6-year old Ken Griffey wanna be and a 2 year old. Ben and Grace were on a team and they won. And now Ben wants to play Chutes and Ladders. Man, my job is tough.
5 comments:
Fine, okay. You win. I'll post them soon. And no, they haven't changed that much. Sadie is still sweet; Sophie is still sparkly. But now they are both in need of nighttime sleep, so I need to go put them down.
Do we get to see a before picture of the organized basement? How about an after picture? After it gets used a few times.
Cheering you on!
Grace's hair is getting SO LONG!! And Sadie looks a lot like Nate in the picture of her sitting in the yellow chair thingy.
I liked your old template better. :P
How do I get to your photos now?
Oops. By clicking the new link.
Post a Comment