I'll re-tell this story, because it was kinda funny. I had slept in to catch up from a particularly hard night (aren't they all!). The kids are usually good and do their morning routine and eat the breakfast that Bradford makes for them. Monday it was eggs. For reasons known only to Bradford, he got the eggs out, but instead of making them, he decided to play a quick game of chase with Ben. No Problem! Grace to the rescue. She climbed up on the counter and cracked about three eggs into the container. When I heard Bradford correcting her for making a mess, I knew my presence was needed, so I scooted out from under a sleeping Sophie and went down and, uh, well, the rest wasn't funny so I'll not rewrite it.
Grace really is a crack-up. Mark says she's becoming the mascot for the Cub Scouts--everyone loves her personality. And her language! Toddlers are so linguisticly fun. She fell on the parking lot and scraped her knee. When I asked her about her boo-boo, she said "I don't have a boo-boo; I have a frape." She also ate frapes this morning for a snack, and I regularly whip for her. I whip her purse up, I put whipgloss on her whips, and she eats whips with cheese.
My mom took the boys to their classes on Tuesday, and Grace and I made bread. She insists on tasting every stage, including the unground wheat berries. During the entire process, when she wasn't tasting, she was working on her puzzles. Lauri Fit-A-Space puzzles. They are little crepe rubber circles with three shapes cut into them, and she has four of them. Those twelve pieces kept her busy for at least two hours! And she was at it again today.
And now I hear babies fussing, so I should go to them.
2 comments:
You know, it's always been true that your kids have the cutest speech patterns. Remember when I used to try to analyze exactly what Ben was doing when he spoke his language?
I'm glad you wrote about Grace, since you didn't post pictures about her! :P Tell her Tolby says "hi" and "I love you!"
Post a Comment