Our piano came today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And so Advent begins with music.
Mark didn't know I had scheduled the delivery, so he was properly shocked and pleased when he got home. Hooray! I can hear my husband play again. Ben was very happy to have it, and immediately began giving himself lessons. Then he helped Nathaniel a bit, sitting and pointing at the page with a ruler. I told Mark I'd pay him $2 and supper to give proper lessons to Benjamin once a week.
{The following is in response to Debby and Becky's comments}
This piano was my piano when I was a little girl. We got it from dear neighbors in Indianapolis. Many, many of my parents' hard-earned dollars were wasted by me in front of this piano, where I often sat and pretended to practice. And when I was older and wanted to finally learn, I wasted my own money in lessons that I neglected.
It fits perfectly on a certain wall in our house, and the shelf I hung and rehung (it wasn't as Becky made it out to be) looks lovely above it. This week Mark will put his Christmas village on it, but probably not before he tunes at least the high A, which sounds horrible. When the village is up I'll take a picture of it and share with you.
2 comments:
Let us see some photos of it! And tell us more about it and whence it has come.
Yes. I guess I neglected to say that it came from my parents' house. But it really wasn't ever theirs--I had it in Oregon, and when we moved to Florida we didn't take it with us, and now we are near them, I got it again.
Post a Comment