Sunday, October 22, 2006

We Mourn the Loss of Our Pet

I didn't even know we had a pet, but that only makes our loss greater.



This dear creature was ours and the Longs. Sometime this spring, he decided our back fence and the trees in mine and my neighbors' yards was limiting him, so he hitched a ride in our engine. The mechanic found him, a bit crispier than in this picture, and called to ask if we had lost our pet lizard. It's not a lizard, it is a Cuban Anole, but since he looked a bit more done, I can understand his mistake.

In other news, Sophie slept until 6:30 this morning.

2 comments:

Kilby said...

Mmm, toasted lizard...I like that with ketchup, as a matter of fact.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinkng if you're taking an extra passenger than you should have left someone behind. Eenie, meenie, minie moe....

We sure hadn't seen our little friend in awhile but never suspected it headed north.

Hope everyone is well.

Take care

Julie