Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Jeni Test Drives a Van

Whoa. I test drove a 15-passenger van today. Some cars make me feel happy, like a Dodge Neon and a VW Bug (old kind). Some make me feel a bit Redneckish, like my dad's old truck. Some make me feel maternal, such as my current van. Others make me feel like a race car driver.

Digression: About a week ago I drove the sportiest car I'd ever driven in my life up to this point. It had a smooth ride, was hugging the curves, got great speed--loved it. Driving it at the reckless speed of 50 mph made me understand why some people buy sports cars. They are fun. I was driving a Camry. End of digression.

As I was saying, some cars, like Camrys, make me feel like a race car driver. But this van I drove today made me feel like a Beast. I was in my own way, it's so big. (Debby, how DO you do it?) Parking the thing was scary; backing up was scary; turning corners was scary.

So we will probably not be getting a 15-passenger van. Mark is going to look at some 12-passenger vans tomorrow, and maybe he'll come home with one.

2 comments:

Compleat Mom said...

So did we ever tell you about Sally D., homeschooling mom of many, who decided she needed to back up a little after pulling in the driveway, but not until a couple of her kids had piled out of the car, upon which she put the car in reverse and began to back up, only to be screamed at by the kids that she had rolled over one of the kids (must of just been an appendage). So flustered, and wanting to correct the problem, she threw the car in drive and re rolled over said child. Still alive and well.

God will help you, Jeni.

Kilby said...

Don't get a fifteen passenger unless you have to. It really does make you feel like a beast, if not The Beast. Sometimes when I pull down the mirror to fix my makeup, I see a faded 666 on my forehead...

Just kidding. But yeah, um, I'm going to advise against the fifteen passenger.