Just talked with Becky, who will be my live-in nanny for three weeks. She has the opportunity to go to Stone Mountain for the day while she is staying with me. She's going to be working like a slave while she's here, getting us back to a normal schedule, training children, holding babies, and potty-training Grace. What a louse I would be if I didn't let her go for one stinkin' day! Yet letting her go means FS Day (see two posts below this one) will be October 5 instead of the 17th.
Mark must take a computer class one day a week during the month of October. He chose Thursdays over Mondays because Mondays are hectic enough. On these days, he'll be home late. Any guesses what day October 5th is? You win! It's a Thursday.
Any guesses on when my birthday is? You win! October 5. What do I win? For my birthday, I win the chance to be with my 4 older children and 2 7-week old twins ALL BY MYSELF FOR THE ENTIRE DAY.
As I said to my husband a few weeks ago, "I'm tired of growing."
On the bright side, Mark will forgive me for buying three rose plants on-line, and he would probably even be persuaded to plant them for me.
3 comments:
Jeni dear... I love you and I have absolutely NO IDEA how difficult it is to take care of everything right now, but just a gentle reminder... be thankful that the Lord is not calling you to grow through the loss of Sadie or Sophie, or any of your children. Sometimes he uses death to sanctify us. I love you and wish I could come give you a hand. Praying the Lord's blessings on you. Thank you for your encouraging words to me.
I think I must be the world's worst communicator. All of the posts from today were written in the best of spirits, with a heart full of thankfulness for the double blessing that God has given me. I was trying to give a humorous interpretation of how much work twins can be.
Well, happy birthday early, in case I forget to say it to you later.
Post a Comment