Thursday, August 10, 2006

Kilby fills in...

...for Jeni, who is presently asleep with Sadie.

Sophie is lying on the floor peacefully dozing next to me, but now she's moving, and this may be truncated, or at least paused, at any moment.

Needless to say, our new SET is really a set! Monday the seventh, around 5:30 a.m., the Thompsons discovered that they now have six kids, not just five. (This is why people usually get ultrasounds...so that they can afford themselves as much needless fretting as possible and take the joy of surprises out of life.)

The middle names haven't been settled on--I'm still lobbying for the sparing use of Grace's middle name--but it seems to be, at this point, Sadie and Sophie for good. When I arrived here this afternoon, Jeni was still calling the second twin "Squeaky," a very Jeni sort of change from "Surprise" which I hear she was calling her at first, but through the day it's settled onto Sophie, and now it's in writing, so it'll be pretty hard to go back on! :)

I want to leave the story and all the details for Jeni, so I'll just give the general info. Sadie is the first, larger, and calmer of the sisters, and Sophie is much smaller and more restless. Tomorrow Jeni and her mom go to the doctor with the twins to make sure everything's all right.

Now, why am I here? Short answer, because having twins is pretty rough. Having twins in your mother's house when you just moved from far down the smelly sock of Florida, as the authoress of this blog would say, is even rougher. When we heard that there were twins, of course I wanted more badly than ever to come up here, and over the next couple days it was made possible. So I'll be here till next Thursday helping out--mostly pulling all-nighters to keep track of Jeni and help with the girls, and then staying on top of the boys and Grace after I wake up in the morning--or afternoon, it depends.

Meanwhile, tonight I intend to go through the baby pictures and put some up on the photo blog, so scoot on over there, unless you're reading this in the middle of the night immediately after I've posted it, in which case, there are no pictures yet, so go to bed. Enjoy not being the new mother of twins. ;)

The Lord has been very kind to the Thompsons. The whole thing, regardless of the shock, has been blessing on blessing, and we trust his hand to continue to do "far above and beyond all we can ask or imagine."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, it's 9:18 am on Friday, where are the pictures?