Thursday, June 29, 2006

Jeni Looks for a House

Today Mark began the daunting task of cleaning up all our junk off my mother's dining room floor. I looked for more houses on the computer.

Then we looked at some more houses with our realtor that we won't live in. One was just perfect--built in 1930, character oozing from every corner, inexpensive, within walking distance of Mark's work, quiet neighborhood--but it was just too small for 5 home-schooled kids. Oh, and the driveway was funny. I never knew finding a house would turn out to be such a family (and friend) affair. Here's the list...

My father will not allow us to buy a house with synthetic stucco. Nor does he want us to buy the house we had a contract on because he questions the builder.

My mother has informed us that if she doesn't like the driveway, she won't visit us. Oh, and she won't let us get a house with too many steps.

Mark's father believes the only good house is one that is 4-sided brick that is not on a corner.

Mark will not get one with vinyl siding, and he wants to be close to work and church. He is also concerned about the ease of reselling it should he get a job elsewhere.

I need one in which I won't go crazy with five kids in the winter, has a good-sized kitchen with a pantry, and enough bathrooms to accomodate a large family.

I want Christian, home-schooling neighbors. I want next door neighbors without obnoxious dogs.

The boys need a flat yard to play in, quiet streets to ride bikes in, and a level driveway for basketball. They also need a woods to romp in.

We must get one big enough to house the out-of-town guests so my parents can downsize.

Brenda wants us to live close to her.

So my task tomorrow is to find a house that meets the needs of everyone and is affordable. Good luck to me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And God knows where just such a house is!

You can buy snowsuits and send them all outside to play in the winter!

Miss you.

Deb

Susan said...

I've heard of basketball being played on a slope...

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I'm not trying to be the Eeyore that I always am, but the "Christian homeschooling neighbors" part may be the toughest to fill.

There aren't any CHN anywhere in my entire subdivision (except for me) let alone on my street, and that's about 150 houses.

Good luck to you, indeed.

Do they list the CHN on the MLS??

:)

~Jo's Boys