Monday, June 05, 2006

Jeni Admits She Is Tired

I am. I'm plain 'ole tired because I'm in my third trimester. I'm tired of my house not selling. I'm tired of waiting for Mark's certification to go through. I'm tired of answering questions about what's happening with us. I'm tired of wondering if I will be giving birth to #5 in my house or someone else's. I'm tired of my sin. I'm tired of my children's sin. And when I think I can't stand it anymore, I remember this quote from C.S. Lewis:

"'It will drive us mad,' 'it will kill us outright' we say; and then it happens and we find ourselves neither mad nor dead, still held to the task."

Here I am, neither mad (yet) nor dead (yet), still doing what has to be done. Schooling began again today, and although it felt a bit chaotic, everything did get done. They were most interested to do science. Although there was no activity planned for today, our weather instruments came so we had fun trying to figure out how they worked. I need to find out what our local barometric pressure is so I can adjust the barometer; otherwise they will insist that it is okay to go swimming by looking at the barometer, even if the sky tells them a different story.

The piano is gone. Rather than put it in their Windstar, the new owners used a friend's trailer to get it home.

2 comments:

Jordan said...

Love you LOTS, Jeni! You encourage me very much. I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in feeling overwhelmed and "done in". I look at you and your family and I don't see the sin and the struggle-- I see the good fruit that God is bringing about in your family. If it is hard for you and God brings the increase, that helps me believe He'll bring the increase for me too, even though I struggle. And one day there will be perfection and rest!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I can't even tell you how encouraging your blog posts are. Thank you so much for continuing to blog even when you feel unsettled. You are SUCH an inspiration.

~jo's boys, who is back online, WOOHOO!