I am so over everyone getting sick around here. Fortunately Mark and I and Grace have thus far escaped this last little bug. In fact, getting B12 shots every three weeks and taking 4 iron pills a day have increased my energy to the point that I actually got out of bed before 7 AM this morning!
Bradford came down this morning at 7:15 and told me he felt like he was going to throw up. Since he is a notorious hypochondriac I simply put him on the couch with the orange puke bowl. Well, bust my buttons if not five minutes later I heard him gagging in the front bathroom. He lay back down on the couch, weak from his ordeal. A quiet house, a calm Bradford-- what a great time to do school! Mark said I obviously missed the notice that a child should not attend school for at least 24 hours after throwing up. No, we started about 2.4 minutes later. We got through a shortened math, spelling, and reading lesson before anyone else was awake. Later he wanted to do some more math and we worked through another 4 pages together.
Benjamin was feeling a little better this morning. He checked his temperature and found he no longer had a fever. Still not feeling quite himself, however. He cried once that the math (that he did perfectly yesterday) was too hard and confusing for him. Hard or not, he did (of his own volition) manage to muddle through ten math pages. Then he cried because two of the words I had him spell were too hard. Whatever! He later played the Word Game on Merriam-Webster's website and spelled those words correctly.
Nathaniel was probably the sickest today, but even he wanted to do his schoolwork. He has gotten the flashcard bug from Bradford and wants to write words on flashcards. Problem with that is he doesn't yet know all his letters and sounds, so I end up writing out dot words which he outlines. He didn't want to go over his phonogram cards, but Grace did, so I had him whisper the correct sound in her ear so she could say it for me.
Other than teaching, the only thing I did was wash lots and lots of sheets, blankets, stuffed animals, and pillows. I can confidently say they are not sleeping on or with old germs tonight.
Encouraging side note: Mark got a call from the Cherokee Co school district office today. The principal at the school at which he wants to teach really wants him, and she wanted to know how much longer she had to hold off on hiring him. Yay! Now if only our house would sell...
4 comments:
mark it's a no brainer...just say yes.
YAY FOR MARK!!! :)
You go Bradford!
Oh honey I am just on pins and needles for your house to sell. Every day I check your blog and hope hope HOPE to see ...Our House Sells as the caption.
And I'm sorry everyone is sick. Sickness is SO stressful.
~Kolbi
Post a Comment