Quick update post...
Mark is back, and everyone is glad. Instead of sleeping with a whale (not a joke) and twenty children, he's only sleeping with a whale. That would be me. I am absolutely huge, and just about everyone I talk to lets me know it. Even the Produce Guy at Publix thought I was going to give birth any day. Honestly, I can't believe I've only got one baby in this big ole belly of mine, but I sure wouldn't want any more. Just to be sure I'm asking the midwife on Tuesday.
Tuesday is my glucose tolerance test. I'm to eat a crummy breakfast and show up at Janice's house 2 hours later to have my blood taken. I haven't decided what crummy breakfast I'll eat, so I've been trying out different ideas this past week: donuts, pancakes with chocolate syrup, cookies, and brownies.
Every once in awhile Ben will ask me how many weeks until the baby comes. Well, I'm 26ish weeks along, so that means the baby is due in 14 weeks. 14 WEEKS! Oh my goodness! That sounds like such a short time, and it really is, considering that during that time we will hopefully sell our house, buy a new one, pack all our belongings, move 700 miles, attend a different church, and Mark will get and start a new job. I'd better not think about that any more.
Ben is into the whole time lapsing thing. The other day we were sitting on the couch together and out of the blue he asks me how many hours it has been. Since what, Ben? "Oh, since the beginning of the world."
Have not seen any more rats, but I'm not exactly looking for them, either. I refuse to open the grill, but I did give it a bump today to see if anything would come out of it. I went to Wal-mart this morning for rat poison/traps, but they only have traps for mice. I had contemplated setting a snake on them, but my good snake-owning friend tells me that a snake large enough to eat a rat is not one I would want in my yard. I trust her advice, and my plan for now is to ignore the problem.
Did you know you can make a decent bow and arrow out of palm fronds and yarn? Did you also know that with a little effort and patience, a three-inch palm tree can be sawn down with your mother's steak knife? Both are true, and if you don't believe me, ask Bradford.
Sometimes I am such a push-over mother. I was this morning at Wal-mart, and none of my kids were even with me to give me an excuse. Let's see. I bought pink nail polish for Grace and me, which we are both now wearing. I bought masking tape for Ben to use on the palm fronds to make a dagger, which he did; staples for Nathaniel to waste as he sees fit, and more of those ring-thingies for Bradford to make as many sets of word cards as his heart desires.
They made it up to me by buying me a Lindt 85% cocoa bar at the grocery store, even though they still weren't with me. Nice kids. You would think that chocolate so bitter could not be tolerated by children, but they never make faces when I give them a piece, and they always ask for more. Mark , on the other hand, looks at me in wonder when he tastes it, hardly believing I really like the stuff.
My computer is doing funny things, so this, um, quick post, um, must end. Happy Mother's Day!
5 comments:
I think after that long as a mom of boys pink nail polish for you and Grace is an absolute necessity. And so is the chocolate. Sweet kids!
Can I just tell you AGAIN how thrilled I am that you are blogging so much?!?!?
THank you thank you thank you thank you.....
~k
Oh no, a push-over mom would be someone who buys her kids stupid plastic toys that make sound and light, video games, dolls, and other such rubbish. You're buying them interesting things to stimulate their imaginations. Yay.
Wait.... not much is happening? Which is why you've posted so much that I'm a month behind?
Cheap Scotch tape and party streamers are also great toys/tools to stimulate the imagination. These are a favorite of our kids. Also, rolls of cheap toilet paper to wrap each other up as mummies and such. Great for the babysitting "bag of tricks" that our oldest takes on babysitting jobs.
Post a Comment