After asking you to pray for Mark as he wrote his essay, I need to update you. He thinks he did just fine. He said that his essay wouldn't win any awards, but it at least demonstrated that he could string three thoughts together in a logical manner. Now we're praying that his results are sent sooner than expected.
Effectual, fervent prayers still needed: we need our house to sell THIS WEEK.
I don't think I mentioned Bradford's birthday. Bad mommy. He's now 8. His birthday was very low key. He got to choose his restaurant, and he chose Arby's because he wanted a kid's meal. So Mark picked it up and we ate at a park with Grandma and Grandpa and Cole. We came back for his ice cream cake with "Happy Birtday Bradford" (that was NOT a typo-- Mark said Latins don't say /th/, so it was not surprising that the Latino DQ employee left out the "h"). Fortunately, Bradford can't read well enough to know that anything was amiss, and I immediately cut through it so no one else would comment. No gifts AT ALL. None. Zilch. He gets the next airplane ride, whenever that happens to be.
Nathaniel was sick with a fever on Bradford's birthday, and he ate no dinner or cake, so I stayed home with him from church on Easter because he was still not feeling great. However, he bopped downstairs fully dressed in his suit immediately after the others left. It was church day so he had to wear his church clothes. We sat on the couch and worshiped together, he in his Sunday best and I in my pajamas. Then he went about straightening the entire house- emptying trashcans, tidying up, cleaning his bathroom. He wanted me to help him clean the garage, but I said absolutely not. He did convince me to begin his horsey blanket that I bought the fabric for last year. And every day this week he's bugged me to quilt some more of it. Nagging worked in this case, because as soon as I finish writing this I'll finish the quilting part of the blanket, and then I have to find someone else to put the binding on it, because my sewing machine is not working properly. Anyone out there want to sew his binding on for me?
6 comments:
he bopped downstairs fully dressed in his suit immediately after the others left. It was church day so he had to wear his church clothes. We sat on the couch and worshiped together, he in his Sunday best and I in my pajamas.
This is stunning beautiful. Makes me praise God and wish to cry.
On another note: Didn't you teach him the Lord commanded no labors on His day?!?
I can't sew worth a lick, but I have a good machine. You are welcome to come and use it if you like-- but only if I can watch you and try to learn something.
You really need your house to sell this week, huh? Well, I don't like praying for that particular thing, but I will.
Also, do you know whether you are having a boy or a girl? I have baby clothes for you either way, that God providentially kept from selling at my yard sale Saturday, despite the fact that baby clothes normally go like hot cakes.
Can you believe I'm finally back on the web? I've been too busy to waste time the computer, and yet I still accomplish what i want to.
Correction: CAN'T accomplish what I want to!
The Sunday Clothes thing is the absolutely greatest. Yay for Covenant children!
Next assignment for Nathaniel: Memorize WSC #s 57-62.
Jordan, I might just take you up on that sewing machine offer, depending on how Debby's machine behaves for me Friday night. And you would be welcome to watch, but I'm sure you wouldn't learn a thing because after who knows how many quilts, I still don't know how to put binding on correctly.
And yes, the house needs to be sold. We put an offer on a house in Georgia, and if we are to close on it in time we must sell our house soon. I'm praying that we get a reasonable offer by the end of the week.
Kilby, you may teach Nathaniel whatever your heart desires if you think it would be beneficial; I make it a point to teach him absolutely nothing.
Post a Comment