Thursday, April 27, 2006

Nathaniel Hides His Eggs and Nearly Drowns

A few days before Easter we did the whole Easter egg thing. My mom had given us a kit to make "Ve-Egg-cles" and another with pop-up stickers. The boys each did three eggs, and Grace only got to color one, since two of the eggs cracked in the pot. Fun times, and the boys didn't want their egg vehicles to be eaten, ever.

Fast forward two weeks: I wanted to use up the last of the eggs to make an egg salad, but there were only a couple left. No way Bradford was going to let me use his police car egg! Nathaniel came into the kitchen and casually mentioned that his eggs were upstairs in his bedroom. For how long I don't know, nor do I want to know, but they immediately went into the garbage, and he was given a lesson in food safety.

Tonight we went to the pool, and as is his custom, Nathaniel used Grace's Baby Ring--until he inadvertently flipped it over and couldn't get it turned upright. Very Scary for both Nathaniel and Mommy. Bradford grabbed him a half-second before I got to him, and he was mostly content to hang out on the steps for the rest of the swim time while Grace used her ring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, Tater. What will I do without him?