Friday, March 03, 2006

Jeni Grows Tired

Every morning for the past four or five weeks, I wake up to find on my nightstand a rice cake spread with peanut butter and jelly. Eating this before getting out of bed has helped the nausea, and I'm so thankful that my darling husband never fails to make it for me before leaving for school. I'm feeling better now, though, and I don't think I want rice cakes much longer. In fact, between you and me, I'm weary of eating them. Do you think he'd make me scrambled eggs every morning instead?

Our "handy guy" (the boys mutation of "handyman") is finished with all the projects we had for him to do. Our carpet is in. Our ceilings are fresh. 27 boxes are packed. All Mark needs is a job, and thanks in part to his orange resume and a pesky cafeteria manager ;), he should have one in a few weeks.

Ben has taken to s-p-e-l-l-i-n-g everything lately. It is going to d-r-i-v-e m-e c-r-a-z-y. "Ben, put away your clothes." "Y-e-s m-a-'apostrophe'-a-m." He will be ready for Grandma M. She used to spell everything to us, and so quickly that we usually had no idea what she was saying, especially when she opted to spell in sign language!

We are all going for Round 2 of Colds and/or Sinus Troubles. 6 in our family, and not one of us completely healthy. Ick. I absolutely refuse to go to the doctor for a cold, so it looks like another long 2 weeks for the Thompsons. With that bit of news taken care of, I'm off to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you.

SomeOne said...

Thanks