Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Grace Shows Initiative

Posted by Picasa

In the almost eight years I have had children, I have NEVER put locks on the kitchen cabinets. I've never needed to. I gave each of my children one drawer in the kitchen to make a mess in, and they were content with that.

But not Grace. She walks into the kitchen, sees a dirty floor, and determines it is up to her to fix it--with Barkeeper's Friend and the scrubber for my juicer.

P.S. I did remove all hazardous materials from Grace's reach after this incident, so don't call child services on me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it just my computer, or is that picture not showing up?

Anonymous said...

Oh, sorry. Nevermind. I just had to refresh it a couple times.

Too funny. ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! Before even reading your post, that picture flooded me with a frightening dream memory from Susan's toddling days. One in which my sweet little one was into the under sink cupboard and ingesting all sorts of poisons. It made me ever so careful all of my days.