Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Jeni Does Not Make Excuses for Not Blogging

If you really must know, I've been getting an up-close-and-personal view of the inside of the toilet lately. Unless you want the daily run-down of what contents emerge from my stomach (I'll assume you don't!) there's not much to blog about.

Thankfully, I have some great friends who take very good care of me during this time. Yesterday I got three meals. Today I get another one. That is a good thing, because I cannot step foot into the kitchen without dire consequences. I am thankful that Bradford is able to do so much for his brothers. He takes to the responsibility well. On the day he made PBJ sandwiches and Jelly Pies for his brothers I heard him exclaim "I'm not going to stand around and make sandwiches all afternoon."

Random bits of news:
  • Nathaniel can ride a two-wheeler as of today.
  • Mark passed his first test for Florida certification. Two more to go. (When he's certified in Florida, getting certified in Georgia will be easier.)
  • I think this baby is a girl.
  • Bradford and Grace are with Grandma and Grandpa T today. That means less bickering and whining, but I miss my kitchen helper and sweet hugger a lot.
  • We have our Valentine's Day letter (missed Christmas-oops!) finished and will get them mailed by Valentine's Day, God willing.
  • The Child Tax Credit is a beautiful thing.

Now I must leave you for awhile. I'm feeling pretty crummy right now, and I don't want oatmeal and chicken tetrazini all over the keyboard.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's gonna be a good day. I've had my devotions, a splendid three course breakfast compliments of our oldest daughter and a good laugh from a good friend. I've missed that. Thank you Jesus for the littles things.

Jordan said...

Sorry you're not feeling well! But I'm happy too. After all, that means Baby Thompson is doing well! :)

What makes you think it is a girl? How accurate have you been in the past?

Glad to see a new post! We missed you, but we know you have a life outside of the net. :)

SomeOne said...

Of course it's a girl. I'm puking all the time, aren't I? I wasn't this sick with the boys. But then again, I could be wrong: it's happened before.

And no, I do not have a life. I have a bed and a toilet.

Kilby said...

You actually have two lives, Jeni. And I am holding out for another boy. Grace needs a younger brother.

SomeOne said...

Leave it to Kilby to point out my mistakes of a logical manner. RightO, Kilby. My two lives are the bed and the toilet.

I wouldn't mind another boy. I don't particularly like girls, excepting Kilby and maybe two or three others I've met. I'm just saying I'm sick, and so far in my pregnancies Sick=Girl.

Anonymous said...

I won't have it said of me that I overlook logical mistakes.

You're committing the fallacy of hasty generalization.

SomeOne said...

Becky, go eat a plastic donut. There is nothing hasty about puking for the last five weeks.