Wednesday, December 21, 2005

the six of us went to Red Lobster

We had never gone out to eat anyplace nice with the six of us, unless you count Lester's Diner. All in all, it went very well. Mark talked Bradford into the Snow Crab Legs from the kids' menu. That is exactly why it went very well. My borderline ADHD child was kept so busy cracking and eating his crab legs that he didn't have time to annoy anyone. Nathaniel had popcorn shrimp, and Ben chose Chicken Fingers, although he loves popcorn shrimp. Good thing Nathaniel shared his.

We also let the kids get sundaes for dessert. All made possible by two gift cards. Uh, Mouse, I'll send you a gift card later, after I find the one I lost. Thanks for dinner!

Aside on the game of Life: Nathaniel just recovered crying from some tragedy, and Ben is rejoicing over the birth of his son "Woohoo, a son is born. Welcome to the world, Patrick."

8 comments:

Susan said...

I think the parenting disease is hereditary, and your kids have caught it.

Ben! You are FUNNY!!!

Peter said...

That's great! Did he actually say that?

MouseAnne said...

I told you not to send us a gift card this year. Whenever you find the lost card keep it and go out to dinner. This time leave the kids at home and enjoy quality time and a good meal with Mark.

SomeOne said...

Susan: Yes, he is funny. He ended up with two boys.

Peter: He did actually say that. I was blogging and listening to them at the same time.

Mouseanne: Thanks. Merry Christmas.

Update: Nathaniel was crying because he wanted to have another child in Life. He ended up with only one little girl.

Kilby said...

Isn't it seven?

Kilby said...

Oh, and by the way, Nathaniel is JUST like me. After a few times trying that game and taking it too seriously and ending up very crushed because I didn't have the children I wanted, I stopped playing it. That's the way it's been with game after game till now I generally refuse to play.

I'm a terrible loser, so I avoid trying. I avoid trying, so I never get good enough to win. I never get good enough to win, so I continually lose. :(

So, I completely understand Nate's predicament.

SomeOne said...

Kilby: You are too funny. I prefer games where a)I play by myself or b) I can cheat.

Kilby said...

Cheating is no fun, and playing by one's self is no fun. Playing with others is even worse, so basically, games su.....stink.