Saturday, October 22, 2005

Jeni Begs Prayer for Sister

In the what, three years that I've been blogging, I've never specifically asked for prayer for myself or anyone. But today I am. Here is what my sister is going through right now. Read and pray for her family.

  • Just moved from Alaska to Virginia. 4-year old son misses his friends, and asks every day to go hiking in the mountains.
  • Was forced to buy a house (long story), so now they have to pay rent AND mortgage until they can resell their house.
  • Husband Chris had knee surgery, and is having serious complications. He is scheduled for his 4th surgery on Monday, and at this point the doctor is hoping to save the knee. Medical discharge is possible, and that is worrisome.
  • Can only visit husband for about 15 minutes a day, due to the wiggling and antics of 14-month old.
  • Doesn't know many people yet, since her entire time in Virginia has been taken up with housing issues and surgery, and then more housing issues and more surgeries.
  • Is strained to the limit from running the house, visiting and encouraging husband, caring for two young boys, and dealing with the house mess. One example she gave me: "how do I take out the garbage? either I get the boys ready and take them with me, or I leave them alone in the apartment." Little things are getting her down.

This is just not a fun time for her. Her mother-in-law is flying to help for four days, but then what? Please pray that people in the church would see their need and come to their aid. And pray for Chris's surgery on Monday.

Her blog address is http://www.4irisheyes.blogspot.com.

Thank you.

No comments: