I'm not ironing, even though there is a stack of shirts at the end of my bed. I'm not making home-made, whole wheat yeast rolls for Mark's mother's 70th birthday party that we found out about last night at 10 pm. And I'm not helping the boys make cards for their grandmother.
Instead of doing the above-mentioned things, two of them to which I am allergic, I am blogging.
I hate Saturdays. Does anyone else hate Saturdays? Well, that doesn't matter, because I hate them whether you do or not. Monday through Friday I work hard at home with the kids, usually getting quite a bit accomplished either in cleaning or schooling, sticking to our schedule. Mark also works hard at school. And then Saturday comes. You'd think that with an extra adult around, more things could be done. But that isn't reality. I give up the management of the household, not wanting to tell Mark what to do, but he usually doesn't know what he needs to do either, and so the day passes and hardly anything gets done. Almost every week the same thing happens, and I feel as though I've squandered the time.
After that bit of whining, I need to say something for which I'm thankful. I'm thankful for the rain, because I won't have to water my garden. OH! Garden. Now, that's something I haven't mentioned for awhile, because what can I say different than: Garden is growing, looks great. But now something exciting has happened with the garden. About two or three months ago the kids took seeds and planted them outside. I had no idea what or where, and when nothing seemed to be coming up, I figured the seeds were old or something got them.
But no, last week when I went to weed around my gardenia, it smelled like spaghetti sauce, because all around were little basil plants. And then I noticed a beautiful vine with yellow flowers everywhere, and Mark told me it was a squash. This vine is taking over a good bit of the back yard, which is not big to begin with, but maybe we'll be able to make zucchini casserole.
Well, I have to go now. The boys are almost done with their cards, we have to go the store to pick up some rolls for the party, and then we're off to the family celebration. I'm getting a headache and stomachache just thinking about it, so I won't think about it. I'll click my heels together and repeat to myself: "It will be fine. It will be fine. It will be fine..."
11 comments:
Hope you had a nice time at the party!
I have a kids book about butterfly gardening that I found on sale super cheap and I want to give it to you. I'm telling you this because I'm hoping it will help me to remember!
I'm glad your garden is continuing to grow. I can't get anything new to stay alive in this heat. Congrats!
Hope to see you soon-- we still need to have you over to our place.
Hey, that would be great... Jeni, y'all definitely need to go over to their place. I can just picture Brian, the boys, and the dogs... Serious fun times right there. :)
Maybe they could have you over on a Saturday and then you wouldn't hate Saturdays so much. (Frankly, I think you need to let Mark read your blog and then you two need to get together and talk about that Saturday thing. I like your motivations, though...)
;-)
I saw you did really well with Kilby's. Try mine. :-D
http://www02.quizyourfriends.com/yourquiz.php?quizname=050815082249-710187&email=
Jordan, We'd love to come anytime you're up for it.
Susan, My kids will probably be afraid of the dog.
Debby, Mark never chooses to read my blog.
Peter, your link doesn't work.
Hah! Not Peekers! He's the cutest! Well, at least GracEliz won't be scared of her...
What nights are good for you guys? (We'll put the doggies outside.) Brian's work schedule is shifting, so I'm not quite sure when he is working, but we'd like to have you over before school starts on Aug. 25 if possible. I'm coming to Bible Study this Friday, so we can chat then.
Jen,
If it's any consolation I feel the same way but I now have a list of chores for the kids to do and then we just play at whatever we want to do and I let them cook in the kitchen and make a mess and help me cook too. If nothing gets done so be it. If I've done what I can do the rest gets done whenever He gets motivated and then he's very productive. Just make a running list, it might make you feel better. TN
I'm blogging again by the way, so what better time to read about eczma and iron chefs? :-D
Peekaboo is a she, Susan.
The obvious solution to the Saturday dilemma: Mark should go to work. Then it would be just like any other day, right?
Post a Comment