Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Jeni Begins to Bleed...

which may mean a miscarriage. Which means I'm pregnant. So much for clever ways of breaking this news, but I'm not willing to go through this possible miscarriage without the support of my friends and family.

For the record, I know that my God, who does all things well, knows what is best for giving Him glory and making me more like Christ. I rest in that. That does not mean I won't grieve if I lose this baby, because I cry just thinking about it. What it does mean is that I will not grieve as one who has no hope. God moves in a mysterious way His wonders to perform...

And in case you think that #5 was an accident, and that we'd really be off with only four lovely children--which is how I would have thought in former days--let it be publicly stated that we are praying for more children, and Mark specifically wants 7 or 9. Crazy? No. I'm not going to write out our reasons for wanting our own private baseball team at this time. But they are good ones, and maybe one day I'll be up to the task of explaining our strategy.

On to other things. Mark spoke with the pastor in charge of hiring for the headmaster position. The pastor wants him to call him to talk some more during vacation. No big deal. School begins in less than one month, and he has no idea where he'll be working or what he'll be doing. He'll be working on his degree at night, and he has a wife with a problem pregnancy. Yeah, he's got his plate full right now.

I probably won't post for awhile. Keep us in your prayers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jeni. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. I'm praying for you, your family, and your little one. May the Lord watch over you all, body and soul.

I wish I was there to give you a hug and cy with you. I'm crying now and praying very much for you.

Love,

Jordan

Anonymous said...

Oh Jeni,

I don't have words. I just don't have any at all.
Are you still home? Have you left yet? Can I call you? Are you okay? You HAVE to tell us how you're doing.

Flipping out,
Kolbi

Compleat Mom said...

Oh, Jeni. I love you. And I love God for making you and for giving you Faith and for blessing us with your friendship.

Praising God,
Debby

The Crib Chick said...

((Jeni))...praying for you and thinking of you here. *Please* let us know how you're doing.

Kilby said...

Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thy heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

-Psalm 27:14