People blog for many different reasons. I sometimes get confused about who my audience is... just me, my family, my friends who know me, or people who just happen to come by. Am I supposed to write about happenings in my life, the funny things my children do, my thoughts on events, or instructional type stuff.
When I read other people's blogs too much, I go through an identity crisis. For example, one blog I read is by a young lady (18) who, if you cut her open, would bleed music. So her blog runs something like this...Worked twenty hours on seven measures of Bach's 210th work for organ. Made great improvement. Have nearly decided to play the seventh G with my third finger instead of my second. Will talk to my teacher about it.
And another young lady (17) who can think and write circles around me, whose blog is often in a different intellectual sphere...(well, since she can think and write circles around me, I won't even attempt to copy her style. It's just intimidating, that's all)
And then I come here and try to blog. I don't have a single focus, other than glorifying God, to talk about. Well, there IS chocolate, which I focus on as Pooh bear on honey, but who wants to read how I connive to get chocolate everyday? And, with four kids, I don't have much brain-power left. So what do I write?
Well, today the audience is myself, so I'm writing about something that I want to remember. Anyone reading this is peeping into my mind.
Randy Fisher was baptized today and became a member of our church. TJ teared up as he read the verse he chose for him: "Can a woman forget her nursing child, and not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, Yet I will not forget you. See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; your walls are continually before Me." Isaiah 49:15-16. John teared up when introducing the hymn: "Come, thou fount of every blessing... Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it. Prone to leave the God I love. Here's my heart, oh, take and seal it..." I cried when he knelt to be baptized. Why was I (and the pastors) so emotional about this man's baptism and church membership vows? God has done an amazing work in this man's life. I met him at a Wednesday Night Supper about 7 years ago. I found out from chatting with him that he was a runner-- a really good runner. Qualifying-for-the-Olympics good runner. Running-a-four-minute-mile good runner. And here he was, chatting with me about training John Moore, and here was Mark, needing to be trained for his upcoming jaunt into OTS. So Mark hooked up with them, and Randy trained Mark as well. But Randy had a drug problem, so he'd be on again, off again for many, many years. But through it all, John remained his friend, and ran with him, and encouraged him in Christ, and now Randy is baptized and actually a member of our church. I'm glad I was there to witness that. And, I heard that last weekend he ran a marathon and won in his age category. So maybe Mark should hook up with them again. :)
And now I'm out of battery, so I'll not write about the usual silliness of things that go on in my house and neighborhood. You'll have to wait until next time to hear about the uncharacteristic, gross, crass thing that Mark and I did to his friend. Instead, I'll go quilt on Ben's blanket.
9 comments:
"who wants to read how I connive to get chocolate everyday?"
Me! Me! I'm all for new strategies...
And whose blogs have an icon on my toolbar? Not just the 18 year old and the 17 year old (and the 15 year old and the 13 year old) but yours, my dear friend Jeni. Yours is more my speed. Now about that chocolate... --Deb
and always a blessing to me if not also an amusing delight. --Deb
Well, about chocolate, I'm out of my typical strategies. I'm now having to beg from neighbors. :(
Who said anything about typical? A strategy's a strategy. Begging from neighbors...that can come in handy.
Sorry I am changing the subject.
The kids are soooo cuteee!!!!!
Hello, anonymous. Who are you?
Joanne: did I say anything about giving up chocolate? we'll taawk this summe (read with NY accent).
Hi, Jeni! Thanks for letting me "peep" into your mind. Isaiah 49 is so very special to me. It was so nice to meet you last Friday and hope to see you again sometime.
Thank you for sharing your thought-
ful, godly, witty, creative,con-
niving mind with us. The gross gift was "special" and my kids are still talking about it and asking me to get the recipe. I'm not that desperate for chocolate yet but I have, in the not so distant past, begged neighbors for chocolate. In a sly sort of way. This friends always has "junk" food so I go over for a casual visit knowing that she has a Longerberger basket on the counter filled with all kinds of mouthwatering, soul satisfying treats. I come home wishing I could've brought the basket with me but then there would'nt be anything left for tomorrow. Yr TN friend
Post a Comment