Wow. My mom was here for 24 hours. During that time, I made fresh whole wheat bread twice, we went to the grocery store for treats, and Benjamin brushed his teeth 17 times. But now, he has a battery-powered toothbrush. What was I thinking! I suggested he might want one instead of a toy, and he practically threw his toy sword down. He really wanted that toothbrush.
Nathaniel also got one, but Bradford could not be talked out of his cheap toy. In fact, we could barely get from Bradford what food treats he wanted- his mind was full of toys, toys, toys. He finally settled on salad dressing, fruit snacks (why? he doesn't like them!), and hard-boiled eggs. How weird.
Aunt Brenda bought shampoo for them. That should last a long time, because they don't take baths often. She also helped me start a new crocheted blanket. It goes very quickly with two strands of yarn and a big hook. Fun.
We are not going to Orlando this weekend. Maybe another time.
School is going well. Just plodding along in reading and math, learning psalms, hymns, and Bible verses. Plus lots of read-alouds. Our newest favorites are My Father's Dragon and Homer Price.
Housework: Nah.
Gardening: Looking better and better. I did not kill the bleeding heart vine or the porterweed yet, which was more than I expected.
And now I'm off to look at City Data for Norfolk. You just never can tell where Brian will drag us to. Hee hee. Virginia looks really good to me for purely selfish reasons: my sister would be living withing 1/2 hour of us. Hee hee. Thankfully, God chooses better for us than we choose for ourselves.
1 comment:
City data for Norfolk? Your sister living within a half hour? Some guy named Brian dragging you somewhere? What have I missed? What does this all mean? Are you considering moving to Virginia? And who is Brian?? Help! I'm lost!
Post a Comment