Okay. I've started this great blog about my home birth experience, but I haven't had the time to finish it. And now, the battery is dying, so I am going to delay a bit longer and write about Bradford instead. Tonight, when Benjamin scraped his knee, he was on the couch wailing. GracE was in her bouncy seat crying off and on. Bradford brought Benjamin a couple of band-aids and was busily nursing his brother, when GracE starting wailing. He turned to her and said in a matter-of-fact tone, "Grace, you're not bleeding." Life with 4 kids is very busy. I truly must be a stay-at-home mom. But we're doing lots of fun new stuff here. I am now grinding wheat into flour to make my own bread, and a friend from church is helping me plant a garden. Both of these activities are non-essential, and probably not the best hobbies to pick up with a newborn, but so it goes. And I'm blogging again. So, I must not be too busy, right? The homeschool update: Bradford and Benjamin are both doing Kindergarten work. Bradford is wonderfully artistic and inventive, but in a school setting he would be lost. So we work on his reading and math for about 20-30 minutes each day, and that is school. We're raising butterflies again, as well as planting a butterfly garden. And then he's free to do the things he does really well...drawing, inventing, dreaming, swinging, and aggravating his brothers. Benjamin, on the other hand, would do great in school. He's only 4, but he can easily tell me the answer when I ask him "Hey Ben, how old will you be when Bradford is 91?" ...two second pause... 89!! Now he's working on how old he'll be when Grace is any given age, which means adding and subtracting 4. The kid counts to 100 on a regular basis for pleasure. He loves to work on his phonograms and reading, too. And today I caught him looking through the Greek reader. Good grief! By the time he's ten he'll know more than me. Nathaniel is only three, but he seems be a combination of the best qualities of his brothers. He does an amazing job at drawing. I'd say more, but my battery is about to go...
3 comments:
A Greek reader?!! Jeni, send that kid over here, and we're gonna have a talk! (In Greek, heheh)
Oh, yes. didn't I mention that we're learning Greek?
ROFL! I love the matter-of-fact tone. How sweet. Don't you just love them?
Dy
Post a Comment